Why Regent University?

I transferred into Regent University from a state school. My experience at Regent has been so different from a public school because the professionalism and value of Christian character that inspires people to excellence. I have received so much personal attention to my goals, I have no doubt this choice is a factor in my future career success.

Why Online Learning?

Online Learning is great because it is so convenient!
Click-in, click-out and class is over for the day. I have been able to save hours of my time while still being able to engage with the learning experience because of . I think online learning holds is large part of the future in education.

Why An English Degree?

Most people don't think of English as a bona-fide major. A
classmate once told me, "All we English majors do is study truth and beauty all day." I could not agree more. As an English major, I have been able to critically think and determine truth and beauty.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Titans Clashed

Yesterday, October 30, 2009, I went and saw the Clash of the Titans political debate. Yes, I splurged, decided to go without Starbucks for a while and buy the $30 ticket. It was money well splurged.

The four big prominent political figures Arianna Huffington, Howard Dean, Dick Armey and John Kasich showed up on Regent University’s campus to discuss the future of America. Joe Scarborough, the host of Morning Joe and The Joe Scarborough Show, mediated the debate.

Even when Pat Robertson waddled to the front of the stage to introduce the event, everyone already knew what they would hear for two hours. Capitalism will survive. It must survive. Still, it is much more fun to pay $30 and see important people in suits, ties and a black skirt say this for national television from our little, private campus. It makes it a little more nostalgic. It makes us feel a little more pre-eminent as we are inspired in the classroom to attack politics and all other spheres of society upon graduation.

In the meantime, I am still fascinated with all the speakers that come to campus. David Jeremiah, Vern Clark, the list this year goes on and on. It was a pleasure to see Arianna Huffington too. I first made my way onto the Huffington Post this last summer and realized it is no conservative hot-bed. Being the writer I am, I like to track popular blogs and I am sure that her blog is beyond the popular realm. It is more into the culture-shaping realm. It is definitely worth a minute of your time if you want to know where modern media is going.


To all the other debate attendees, what did you think of the event?

No comments:

Post a Comment