Why Regent University?

I transferred into Regent University from a state school. My experience at Regent has been so different from a public school because the professionalism and value of Christian character that inspires people to excellence. I have received so much personal attention to my goals, I have no doubt this choice is a factor in my future career success.

Why Online Learning?

Online Learning is great because it is so convenient!
Click-in, click-out and class is over for the day. I have been able to save hours of my time while still being able to engage with the learning experience because of . I think online learning holds is large part of the future in education.

Why An English Degree?

Most people don't think of English as a bona-fide major. A
classmate once told me, "All we English majors do is study truth and beauty all day." I could not agree more. As an English major, I have been able to critically think and determine truth and beauty.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Famous Regent Grads

Lets talk inspiration from history. Regent University has some pretty impressive graduates that have been brought to my attention and I thought I would talk a little about them. Here are a few:

1.) Bob McDonnell. Bob McDonnell is running for Governor in Virginia's 2009 election. He was formerly the Attorney General of Virginia and graduated from Regent University School of Law in 1989.

2.) Jay Sekulow. Jay Sekulow has been named "One of the 25 Most Influential Evangelicals" by Time Magazine in 2005. He has worked extensively in Washington as a lawyer and currently resides in Virginia Beach, VA as the Chief Counsel for the American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ), a Trustee for Regent University and also a professor in the Regent's School of Law. He recieved his Ph.D. from Regent in American Legal History.

3.) Tony Hale. Tony Hale is most famous for his portrayal of the child-like and eccentric Buster Bluth on the sitcom Arrested Development. Though the show only ran three seasons, Hale has gone on to be a guest on various television shows like Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia and ER. He recieved a master's degree from Regent's School of Communications and the Arts.

4.) Cheryl McKay. Cheryl McKay is a screen writer most famous for the 2006 film The Ultimate Gift starring James Garner and Abigail Breslin. Her screenplay Never the Bride has been adapted into novel format and was released by Random House publishers in June 2009. Cheryl earned her Masters of Arts in Film Aesthetics & Prodcution in 1995.

5.) George Thomas. For any 700 club fans, you may know George Thomas as an international correspondent and senior reporter for the Christian Broadcasting Network. He recieved his Masters in Journalism from Regent's School of Communication & the Arts in 1995.

I am suprised at how many famous people have walked the same brick pathways that I take to class everyday. Have an excellent week everyone!

1 comment: