Why Regent University?

I transferred into Regent University from a state school. My experience at Regent has been so different from a public school because the professionalism and value of Christian character that inspires people to excellence. I have received so much personal attention to my goals, I have no doubt this choice is a factor in my future career success.

Why Online Learning?

Online Learning is great because it is so convenient!
Click-in, click-out and class is over for the day. I have been able to save hours of my time while still being able to engage with the learning experience because of . I think online learning holds is large part of the future in education.

Why An English Degree?

Most people don't think of English as a bona-fide major. A
classmate once told me, "All we English majors do is study truth and beauty all day." I could not agree more. As an English major, I have been able to critically think and determine truth and beauty.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Pho Sure

If you are reading this, I am assuming that you have been surfing the web for a few minutes now and probably need a break. Now would be an excellent time for my Pho Soup Recipe.

One night about three weeks ago, I developed a recipe for this delicious soup. I think the same day I set off the smoke alarm in my apartment because I tried to make pastry crème and burned a nice black ring in the bottom of my only sauce pan. Instead of feasting on burnt cake icing, I decided to move onto more savory things -things like Pho.

Pho is a Vietmanese noodle soup that tastes something like….palm trees, if palm trees had a flavor. It is a slightly spicy soup made with rice noodles and herbs. If you enjoy exotic foods, you have got to try this, it is delicious. I had some great pictures but accidentally deleted them from my computer, oops. Here it is:

Pho Soup

4 cups chicken broth

2 cups water

1/2lb. of chicken breast or tenders

1 pkg. rice noodles

1 bunch cilantro

1 pkg. fresh basil

1 jalapeno pepper

1 head Chinese cabbage

salt and pepper

1. Fill a sauce pan half full with water and place it on a burner turned to HIGH. Bring water to a boil and add the chicken to the water. Boil until the chicken is cooked and white in the middle. Drain the chicken and leave it on some paper towels to cool. As soon as it is cool, pull it apart until it looks “shredded”. It will be in many different pieces.

2. On a cutting board, slice half the head of Chinese cabbage into pieces ¼” in width. Set aside to be added to the soup. Take half of the cilantro bunch and chop into small pieces setting aside to be added to the soup. Pull the basil leaves from the and set aside to be added to the soup. Chop the jalapeno pepper and set aside.

3. Fill another saucepan with the chicken broth and the 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Add the package of rice noodles and cooked chicken. Simmer until noodles are soft, most likely 5 minutes. Then add the Chinese cabbage and jalapeno pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes. Take the saucepan off the stovetop and add the cilantro and basil. Use salt and pepper to taste.

The soup should store well for 5-7 days in the fridge. If you don’t like hot foods, don’t add the jalapeno. It is great either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment